Presented by Ronnie Mervis and Steve Czaban
Cape Town & Kruger Game Park
With optional extensions to Entabeni Game Conservancy or Victoria Falls
February 17 – 26, 2018
Visit the two most popular areas in South Africa, Cape Town and Kruger Game Park. The Mervis Diamond Importers ESPN Redskins Radio South Africa Safari delivers both the cosmopolitan city experience of Cape Town and exciting wildlife adventure including private game reserves and a walking safari. This itinerary also offers several optional excursions and two amazing optional extensions to Victoria Falls, staying at Elephant Hills Resort, or game viewing throughout the ancient and beautiful hills of the Entabeni Game Conservancy, to further enhance your South African experience.
• 4 Nights at Cape Town’s SOUTHERN SUN WATERFRONT. With breathtaking views of Table Mountain, located at the waterfront, this modern, chic, and spaciously comfortable hotel offers everything you would expect from a full service hotel. Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront a preferred business and holiday destination. Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, the hotel’s rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town, with décor that is tasteful and classy with an edge. Each guest room offers wireless internet access and a host of channels available on satellite. A mere 15 minutes’ drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, the hotel’s superb location offers guests easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town.
• 3 Nights at KAPAMA RIVER LODGE. Style, elegance and excitement in one of South Africa’s most prolific wildlife sanctuaries. Kapama River Lodge is so named because it lies in a curve of the Kapama River, which is usually dry but floods from time to time and can be reached from the steps of the lodge swimming pool. A small permanent water source lies just beyond Kapama River Lodge’s perimeter fence, attracting animals like antelopes, elephant and buffalo. Watch this truly African spectacle from the warm blue water of the big rim flow swimming pool or relax in the shade of an umbrella on loungers around the pool.
• 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 3 dinners, including a special boma feast in the Bush at Kapama Private Game Reserve.
• Airport transfers with private vehicle and driver, including a private ‘Meet and Greet’ service on arrival into South Africa.
• Scheduled city tour of Cape Town, featuring a scenic cable car ride up Table Mountain.
• Full day excursion to Cape Point including a visit to the penguins at Boulders Beach.
• Opportunity to enjoy a game of golf at one of Cape Town’s many famous courses (cost not included).
• Full day excursion to the gorgeous Winelands, with a winery tour and wine tasting.
• Thrilling morning and afternoon game drives at Kapama Game Reserve, in specially designed open safari vehicles.
• Opportunities for walking safaris and night game drives.
Welcome to the ‘fairest Cape in the World’. Colonial monuments co-exist with delightful modernity in the glorious city of Cape Town. Basking in a Mediterranean climate for most of the year, veteran travelers insist this setting tops even the trendiest resort in the south of France. Certainly… the wines are just as delicious! Relax and enjoy guided sightseeing: a cable car to the top of Table Mountain, a tour of the delightful city, a full day excursion along the full length of the Cape Peninsula including a visit to the penguins at Boulders Beach, and a full day excursion to the Cape Winelands with a winery tour and wine tasting.
South Africa’s finest wildlife refuge, Kruger National Park, your safari paradise for 5 exciting days. Nothing compares to the thrill of seeing your first lion on the hunt. Be prepared for non-stop action as you search for the Big Five on morning and afternoon game drives at private game reserves. Open safari vehicles, expertly maneuvered by professional game rangers, allow for close-up encounters and superb photographic opportunities. During the quiet midday, a guided walking safari places you ‘nose to nose’ with the small denizens of the bush.
VICTORIA FALLS 2 Night extension to famed Victoria Falls and ELEPHANT HILLS RESORT. The hotel is situated on a small hill overlooking the Zambezi River, upstream from the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. It has one the best golf courses in Zimbabwe and some amazing wildlife. Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River and a guided tour of the mighty Falls is also included. Read more…
ENTABENI GAME CONSERVANCY 2 Night safari / golf extension to ENTABENI GAME CONSERVANCY. Game viewing throughout these ancient and beautiful hills, or play the world-renowned LEGEND GOLF COURSE with its the famous and unforgettable 19th hole, the world’s longest par 3. Read more…
LAND RATE FOR 7 NIGHTS IN SOUTH AFRICA: $3650 per person sharing
Supplement for single accommodation: $1195
AIRFARE: Round trip Economy Air aboard South African Airways direct from Washington DC from $1786, including taxes, fuel and the internal fares within South Africa; subject to change.